Tuesday, July 3, 2007

TECHNICAL DETAILS

  • When I asked for suggestions, I thought I would get plenty (whether positive or Negative). But I only got a single comment advising me to start the blog. So I decided to leave it.
  • But, on second thought, I am starting to post, may be then you people would like the idea.
  • Before moving forward to posting, some technical details. Unlike comics which come in .cbr, .cbz or .zip/rar formats, Novels do have its own standards - .lit (Microsoft Reader Literature) and .pdf (Portable Document format) are two of the most preferred formats for reading novels on the computer. Being .lit the leader for its clarity and easeness on the eyes. To read them you will need to have following softwares installed (links provided for downloading them)
(REMEMER, ALL THE LINKS ARE DIRECT DOWNLOADS)
1. .lit Microsoft Reader 2.0 or above
Download Microsoft Reader 2.1.1. here
2. .pdf Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0 or above
Download 6.0 and 7.0 for windows and macintosh here
3. .doc Microsoft Word 2000 or above
(I think we all have it, but in case you don't, you don't need to install Word, just
download the Word Reader and enjoy the novel)
Download Microsoft Word Viewer 2003

1 comment:

Indrajal Comics Club said...

mobipocket reader is also a good option
free.. can be used in ur cell ppc palm
or pc,, single converted file can be used every where